When our work is hectic as it often is in healthcare, it can feel easier to avoid addressing the financial or legal issues negatively impacting our well being. That is, until they become too large to avoid and start to negatively impact our lives both at home and at work.
You might be dealing with overwhelming amounts of debt from medical school with high interest rates or need guidance on managing your finances—there are numerous reasons for experiencing financial or legal stress. That is why VITAL WorkLife offers members easily accessible online and telephonic legal & financial resources to help address their concerns.
Through our Member Site one has unlimited access to a wealth of self-guided resources, including tip sheets, calculators, handbooks, online seminars, worksheets, legal forms and more.
In addition to online resources, free consultations are available for legal and financial matters:
Access a Free Consultation with an Attorney or Financial Consultant
- Legal: When a member contacts us for a legal question, they will be connected to our Legal Resource Network who can provide a free 30-minute consultation (generally within one business day). They will address any legal concerns and can also connect individuals with a local lawyer in the network often at a discounted rate.
- Financial: We connect individuals with financial consultants as often as needed for any financial questions and concerns, debt management, etc. If additional preparation or more specialized support is needed, the financial consultant can assist with a referral to a more appropriate resource.
- Identity Theft Prevention and Support: A comprehensive identity theft packet is available on request for all members. If you are a member, contact us today to learn more about this great resource.
Each topic area of our Member Site comes with numerous articles, online seminars, audio recordings, short eLearning courses and resource guides that allows members to discover and learn more about the different aspects of their well being.
Financial Resource Highlights
- The comprehensive Financial Basics Handbook includes chapters on money management, debt, credit reports/scores, home ownership, investing and planning for retirement.
- 245 articles on various financial topics.
- Numerous financial calculators for situations such as financing a home or car, investing, retirement matters, and so on.
- Search for a Financial Planner.
- Online seminars on topics such as Estate Planning, Effective Budgeting, Retirement and more.
- Connect to resources for purposes like requesting a free credit report or FAFSA.
Legal Resource Highlights
- 100 legal forms for various purposes such as such as setting up Power of Attorney, promissory notes and other agreements.
- Hundreds of articles (e.g. Hiring an Attorney, Avoiding Foreclosure, Bankruptcy, Adoption).
Telephonic In-the-Moment Counseling and/or Face-to-Face Counseling
The negative impacts of financial and legal concerns are not limited to our financial/legal well being, but often place additional strain on other areas of life including your professional, relational and emotional well being. VITAL WorkLife consultants are available both telephonically and in-person to provide solution-focused opportunities to address the stressors impacting one’s work or life satisfaction.
We Can Help
Your financial and legal health are an important part of your well being that impacts all areas of your life. As noted above, Well Being Resources members of VITAL WorkLife have access to unlimited telephonic financial consultations, a free 30-minute legal consultation, a plethora of legal/financial resources and more. Contact us online or at 877.731.3949 if you are interested in learning more about Physician Well Being Resources and our other solutions to support organizational and physician well being.
Are you a member?
Your free financial/legal resource is available to answer any question that you may have, big or small. Contact us at 877.731.3949 or log on to your Member Site to get started today.