The needs and priorities of healthcare organizations, leaders and clinicians have shifted drastically due to the COVID-19 pandemic. During this time we've provided a number of educational opportunities, talking about how to navigate through this difficult time.
Webinar: The Leader's Role: Identifying & Addressing COVID-19 Drivers of Stress
The COVID-19 pandemic has brought on new and significant challenges in healthcare leaving our medical professionals feeling an increase in stress, anxiety, fear, frustration and/or anger. With many physicians and providers already experiencing high levels of stress and burnout, many lack the support they need. Co-presenters Laurie Drill-Mellum, MD from Constellation, and Liz Ferron, MSW, LICSW, from VITAL WorkLife, discuss the professional and personal challenges of working in a COVID-19 environment and provide insights about how leaders should respond.
This webinar will provide you with the knowledge to:
- Recognize the negative impact the COVID-19 pandemic has had on healthcare professionals' mental and emotional health.
- Hear about recent research on healthcare professionals' needs and requests for support during the pandemic.
- Identify how to develop and provide resources that healthcare professionals and leaders want and need to enhance their well being.
Webinar: Effects of COVID 19 on Healthcare Workers and Physicians: Research and Consultant Findings
This webinar highlights Prudential's new research on the behavioral health effects of COVID-19 on employees and physicians, as well as VITAL WorkLife's research on physician burnout. The discussion also includes insights from Dr. Robert Leschke, a practicing emergency medicine physician and Physician Peer Coach for VITAL WorkLife.
In this webinar, you will:
- Learn how COVID-19 is affecting the healthcare workforce based on Prudential’s recent research
- Understand how the research aligns with other physician-specific data and what it means for them
- Gain firsthand insights from senior behavioral health consultants working cases with physicians
Webinar: Leading Through the Stress of COVID-19
This webinar is intended for those in healthcare who must lead their organization through the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond. This is a joint webinar with Paul DeChant, MD, MBA, an internationally recognized expert on physician burnout and VITAL WorkLife consultant, Liz Ferron, MSW, LICSW and Sarah Prom, MA, LPC, ODCP from VITAL WorkLife.
In this webinar we will:
- Discuss the challenges of leading an organization during a time that negatively effects the mental health of your staff members
- Review the difference between pre- and post-pandemic stressors that lead to burnout and what an organization can do today to demonstrate leadership
- Address what you can do to support staff members and what resources you can leverage to help both you and your employees cope better during this crisis
Additional COVID-19 Resources
In addition to webinars, we've developed a variety of other educational content for healthcare organizations, leaders and clinicians, which you can find here: