It's that time of the year again—the time to remind employees about their EAP benefit. Of course, we encourage promoting the EAP throughout the year—which is why we provide regular content on a wide range of topical matters to distribute to your employees to help in that effort. However, employees sometimes forget about the multitude of ways that their EAP can provide assistance to themselves and their family members, including:
- Face-to-face counseling sessions
- Unlimited telephone counseling, 24/7/365
- No-cost chemical dependency assessments and referrals
- No-cost consultations with lawyers and financial planners with discounted rates for ongoing issues
- No-cost debt and credit counseling, plus assistance with issues surrounding identity theft
- Robust Work & Life and Legal & Financial Resources websites
So, we encourage you to take this time to spread the word! We just sent you the first employee newsletter of 2014 for those plans which have them as part of their benefit, promoting the many ways in which their EAP can support them, and how easy it is to access a wealth of resources. You can pass it along, or use the articles in other communications, on your intranet site, or any other way that works best for you and your employees.
And, for all of our full-service plan customers, access a wide range of resources to promote your EAP benefit on your resources site. Just log on to the member website by clicking above, and then click Employer Resources in the top menu.
Don't forget to let your managers and supervisors know about our Manager and Supervisor training, also available on the resource site. They're invaluable for new managers, and provide a good refresher for current managers, as well.